Post Icon

Miss India Kanishtha Dhankhar goes to Cannes

Rani’s Mukherjee’s plan to walk the red carpet at Cannes has been derailed due to her father’s poor health. Stepping into the breach for the Cannes appearance is Miss India World Kanishtha Dhankhar. 
Now, instead of Rani, it’s Kanishtha who will be walking the red carpet for Chivas along with designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee and filmmaker Karan Johar. Sabyasachi himself has designed the outfit for Kanishtha. 
“Kanishtha's dress in red or nude gold will remind of the 60's princesses. She will be wearing accessories from my personal jewellery line. I am not much of a fashionista so I will be wearing a bandhgala,” Sabyasachi told a news agency. 
Slideshow: The Gorgeous Kanishtha Dhankhar 
Rani was supposed to wear a Sabyasachi sari. “I had designed the outfit for her, everything was ready. I feel sad that Rani will not be able to make it, but I am more concerned about her father,” said the designer. 
Dhankar, who is the first Miss India going to Cannes, said she had no idea that she would be lucky enough to attend the prestigious film fest this year. 
"I am very nervous but excited at the same time. I had many plans for this year but not even in my wildest dreams had I thought that I will be walking the Cannes red carpet. I feel lucky and blessed," she said.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment